ADSM-L

Re: DFS buta backup to disk

1999-04-12 05:05:04
Subject: Re: DFS buta backup to disk
From: "H.G.Borrmann" <borrmann AT IBM1.RUF.UNI-FREIBURG DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:05:04 +0200
Hello,

> Buta is pretty good at "guessing" the amount of space needed.  In fact, it
> knows the exact amount of
> disk space needed and passes that to the ADSM server as the "estimate".
>
> What error scenario were you seeing?  How long was it after the backup
> started when it got cancelled?
> What error message did buta give?  Did you see any error message on the
> ADSM server?
>
> Shyh-Wei Luan

Thank you very much for your intrest in my problems. It is several months ago
that I tried to backup to storage pool by means of buta, so I do not remember
the details. I'll try it again as soon as possible to provide you with the
details you questioned.

Regards
Gunther

|H.G.Borrmann                           |Tel.: (0761) 203-4652            |
|Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg|Fax:  (0761) 203-4643            |
|Hermann-Herder-Str. 10                 |email:                           |