ADSM-L

Re: serious volume problem

1999-04-09 11:02:39
Subject: Re: serious volume problem
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:02:39 -0400
Henk - To perform your own consistency check on what's in the copy storage
       pool versus the primary, as far as I know you'd have to do a
'Query Content' (or the SQL equivalent) on all the volumes in each storage
pool and try to correlate file names...which would be an ominous task,
which would take so long that data would be changing under you as ADSM
processing proceeded.
    There may be a more simplistic method, in that we understand that the
ADSM database records are indexed on the node+filespace+filename, and that
the copy storage pool entry for the same file is an appendage to that
database entry.  There may be a means in SQL to test for that storage
pool appendage being there.  I defer to someone with more SQL experience.
         Richard Sims, BU