ADSM-L

Re: serious volume problem

1999-04-09 09:58:50
Subject: Re: serious volume problem
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:58:50 +0200
On 31-Mar-99 Roger Hohmann wrote:
> May I restore the volume if I have a backup stgp in sync OR IS MY DATA
> GONE??

  And the problem was:

> IX84765 IF A VOLUME CONTAINS FILES WHICH COULD NOT BE RECLAIMED, ADSM
> SERVER
>
> 3.1.2.0 WILL DELETE THE VOLUME FROM THE STORAGEPOOL.
>
>  If a volume contains files which could not be reclaimed, ADSM
>  Server 3.1.2.0 will delete the volume from the storagepool.
>  Messages from the actlog:
>  ANR1175W Volume xxxx contains files which could not be reclaimed
>  ANR1410W Access mode for volume xxxx now set to "unavailable".
>  ANR1041I Space reclamation ended for volume xxxx.
>  ANR1341I Scratch volume xxxx has been deleted from storage pool.

  This is a good question and I have also two questions:

  1) If a volume with valid data is deleted from the primary storage pool,
     how can I get this data back from the copy storage pool?

  2) Is there a consistency check between a primary storage pool and his
     copy storage pool?

  Cheers,
  Henk ten Have.