ADSM-L

Mystery of the vanishing tapes...

1999-04-09 08:56:42
Subject: Mystery of the vanishing tapes...
From: Scott Fluegge <sfluegge AT VENATORGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:56:42 -0400
I have a problem with one of my ADSM servers.  It keeps "forgetting" about a
couple of its Disaster-recovery tapes.  I have this server configured the same
as my other servers and they do not have the problem.  I have checked to make
sure that I had the following settings:

  DB Backup Series Expiration Days: 7 Day(s)

And when I do delete my volhist I do:
delete volhistory todate=-12 type=dbbackup

This should insure that ADSM DB Backups are in the vault retrieve state for five
 days!  Yet just yesterday I lost two
more tapes that were in the vault status the day before!  I now do an inventory
comparison between what is in the vault
what ADSM thinks is in the vault.  I have to do this every day!  Not fun...

Anyone ever have this problem and know why?  I am going to start making a list
of all tapes in the vault (f=d) so
I can see what type of tape they are (copy pool or db).

The server in question is "ADSM Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 3, Release 1,
Level 2.15".  The other servers that
do NOT have this problem are running "Version 3, Release 1, Level 1.5 "

This is really driving me nuts!  Please help!

Thanks,

Scott