ADSM-L

Re: DLT Tape Drive Settings

1999-04-09 04:24:21
Subject: Re: DLT Tape Drive Settings
From: G Christian <chris_g_fr AT YAHOO DOT FR>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 01:24:21 -0700
Hi John,

In Devices in Smit, the rmt came in "other scsi tape" and it's normal
because it isn't known from AIX. The blocksize came with 512, change
to 0 in order to enable the variable lenght block.
NOTE : if you don't use the drive on the AIX but only on ADSM, you can
delete the RMT of course !

In the Adsm Devices in SMIT, the mt came in "other scsi tape" and it's
normal because it isn't known from AIX. The blocksize in Adsm Devices
in SMIT will coming with a 1024 block valor default. Change to 0 in
order to enable the variable lenght block.

Chris.

John McConnell <jmcconnell AT FIRSTMD DOT COM> a icrit:

> Hello,
>
> I have added a DLT7000 (35/70GB) tape drive to my RS/6000 R50.  It
came in as an "other scsi device" with generic settings on bloksize,
density, etc.

> Has anyone set up a DLT tape drive and modified any of the default
settings for performance?

> Thanks,
>
> John McConnell
> First National Bank of Maryland