ADSM-L

3570 tape utilisation

1999-04-07 21:25:30
Subject: 3570 tape utilisation
From: steveh AT WESLEY.COM DOT AU
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 11:25:30 +1000
I'm running a 3575  library with 3570C tapes.  In the devclass I've let the
estimated capacity default to 5GB.  This is causing copypool tapes to not be
recycled as efficently as they might because the used percentage is estimated
too high (I think - I'm relatively new at this).

Does anyone change the estimated capacity of 3570C tapes? If so what figure do
you use?  I've got a couple of tapes of mostly empty oracle databases that
compress really well, nearly 15:1 compression, what do others find for populated
oracle databases?

Steve.

Unix System Admin,

The Wesley Hospital,