ADSM-L

Re: DFS buta backup to disk

1999-04-07 15:53:23
Subject: Re: DFS buta backup to disk
From: S W Luan <luan AT ALMADEN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 12:53:23 -0700
> I tried to backup AFS to disk with buta and it did not work at all. As
far as
> I understand buta makes a guess about the amount of disk space needed.
This
> guess is much too low and the server cancels the backup if buta requires
> more storage pool space. We have adsm 3.1.2.13. So I had to use backup
directly
> to tape. I would be glad if someone could provide me with hints how to
> backup AFS with buta to disks.

> H.G.Borrmann

Buta is pretty good at "guessing" the amount of space needed.  In fact, it
knows the exact amount of
disk space needed and passes that to the ADSM server as the "estimate".

What error scenario were you seeing?  How long was it after the backup
started when it got cancelled?
What error message did buta give?  Did you see any error message on the
ADSM server?

Shyh-Wei Luan