ADSM-L

two questions

1999-04-07 04:10:02
Subject: two questions
From: "Karl B. Molter" <Molter AT FH-TRIER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:10:02 +0200
Dear ADSM Experts,

I am using ADSM Server Vers. 3.1.1.5 (AIX 4.1.5) and client 3.1.0.6 (AIX
4.3.2).

1.: Does anyone of you know, if there is a possibility to prevent the client
scheduler deamon (dsmc sched) from mounting all NFS files (automounter)
systems when the server initiates a scheduled backup? Since we backup only
local filesytems on the clients, the mount of NFS automount-filesystems is
not necessary. In some few occasionally cases the automounter terminates
when the backup is scheduled and the clients hangs and has to be rebootet.

2.: I am using HSM. The files are migrated to DISK and Optical Disk Storage
pools. During remigration it seems the for every remigrated file a mount and
dismount of the optical Disk involved is performed, even if all the files
remigrated are on the same disk. So most of the optical disk show an
extremly large number of mounts  (up to 3.000 during 4 months.) Does anyone
of you know this phenomen and is there a way to avoid this large number of
mounts.

Best regards,
Karl Molter

--
Dr. Karl Molter           Fachhochschule Trier
Dr. Karl Molter           Fachhochschule Trier