ADSM-L

Your opinion/experience

1999-04-02 00:11:00
Subject: Your opinion/experience
From: Gail A Johnson <Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 21:11:00 -0800
I have onbar or large database backups running 24/7 -- The database
can be up to 500GB each.  I only have 56GB of disk.  I'm trying to
get the backups to go to disk first due to our STK9710 having tape
drive errors frequently (due to the fact that we pound them
constantly and the DLT7000 drives are just not made for the amount
of activity we have at our shop) -- anyway -- AS I have set my
threshold at 40% to start migration and have 3 tasks running.  I am
watching this process right now and see that it stays at 70% +/- 1
to 2 percent --

It seems as if migration to tape can barely keep up with the
writing to disk -- anyone have any thoughts or experience with this
type of thing in the past ....

I'm not sure I have the ratio right here for the amount of disk I
have available as opposed to the amount of backup data out there
--- Anyway -- hope this wasn't too confusing -- just had to get
this off my chest!
this off my chest!

TIA...