ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:44:48
Not too basic:-)

Some partial ADSM backup recovery procedure we've impemented:

1. Backup the ADSM database full or incremental.
2. In your dsmserv.opt, include the following lines:
     VOLUMEHistory /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/vol_hist.1   <=backup of
volumes/new volumes
     VOLUMEHistory /adsmdb/vol_hist.2
     DEVCONFig /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/dev_conf.1       <=backup of your
devices
     DEVCONFig /adsmdb/dev_conf.2

Backup the history and configuration files.  Do this soon after your
ADSM
database backup. Customize your dsmserv.opt file for your environment
accordingly.

Backup ADSM database using the following command:
      syntax:     BA DB DEVclasss=classname  Type=Full or Incremental
Scratch=Yes or No
      ba db dev=3590dev0 t=f s=y       <=this is what we use

Customize the command according to your system.

Hope that helps.

Aloha! SPRINT/HAWAII :-)