ADSM-L

Re: Basic Question

1999-04-01 14:06:27
Subject: Re: Basic Question
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 14:06:27 -0500
On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Mahesh Tailor wrote:

// Sorry for the really basic question, but . . .
//
// I have an ADSM server setup and I cannot for the life of me figure out what
// I need to backup for ADSM itself.  For example, do I need to backup all the
// disk storage pools (currently 42GB), etc.?  Or, do I simply backup the
// server configuration?  Do I use ADSM to back itself up?
//
// What are others doing?  Any hints/help would be appreciated.
//

The Admin guide talks about this.. but basically what we do is a daily
ADSM backup of the system, and a weekly backup onto 8mm by the OS.  If I
ever need to rebuild the machine, I can boot and install right from the
8mm, and get the exact environment back, then any changes that had
happened since the 8mm backup can be restored from ADSM.

-
Best regards,
Best regards,
Brian

| Brian T. Huntley                              UNIX Systems Programmer |
| Campus Information Services, Clarkson University                      |
| Ph/FAX: 315.268-2292/6570                                             |
| bth AT clarkson DOT edu                                www.clarkson.edu/~bth |
 UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
        PGP Public Key available. finger bth AT clarkson DOT edu