ADSM-L

What are your transfer rates on MVS?

1999-04-01 11:47:08
Subject: What are your transfer rates on MVS?
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 10:47:08 -0600
ADSM'ers,
        We have been getting very poor transfer rates for both saves and
restores
from our MVS systems.  We do not have OS390 yet but will be going to it in a
few weeks.  Could you please share with me what some of your transfer rates
have been for both saves and restores for MVS.          Please specify if you
are
at OS390 or not.  You can just send me the Network Data Transfer Rate and
Aggregate Data Transfer Rate from your activity logs and I will calculate
it.
        I will put all this in a spreadsheet so if anyone wants a copy just let
me
know.

        On a side note if any of you upgraded to OS390 while using ADSM could
you
tell me what improvements you saw?

Kyle Payne