ADSM-L

Re: How to backup a large Notes environment

1999-03-30 13:47:24
Subject: Re: How to backup a large Notes environment
From: Joshua Bassi <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:47:24 -0800
Mark,

I have consulted on projects almost identical to your new configuration -
the only different is that my customers were backing up more Notes data than
you will be backing up.  Actually, this week I am out on assignment setting
up a backup solution for a Netfinity cluster running Notes.

The connect agent will work pretty well as long as you set it up correctly.
My recommendation is to only run incremental with the connect agent during
the week and then on the weekend bring down notes on one of your clusters
and backup the notes databases using the B-A client.

As far as your question regarding migrating your data from disk to 3590 tape
will be determined by the number of tape drives that you have in your
library (3494?).

Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:    jbassi AT gloryworks DOT com
Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:    jbassi AT gloryworks DOT com
Storage Management Team Lead          VM/Pager:  (972) 680-6247
Dickens Services Group                Internet:  www.teamdsg.com