ADSM-L

Archive loop on Sun

1999-03-30 09:48:50
Subject: Archive loop on Sun
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:48:50 +0200
Hi ADSM-ers!
I have the following problem with the ADSM Sun Solaris client:
ADSM archives go into a recursive loop when archiving several directories
containing soflinks.
> Test case: the directory /usr/X/bin contains a soft link the link looks
> like this:
>
> $pwd
> /usr/X/bin
> $ ls -la xview
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           1 Jan  7 14:12 xview -> .

When ADSM runs into this it keeps on going and going down and down.
The links are Sun standard, aparently to be compatible with earlier releases
of Sun Solaris OS.
> There are more of such softlinks in the the OS, same thing occurs.
>
> We run archives and would appreciate it if we could stop ADSM from
> following the links in archive mode.

Releases:
Server: AIX 3.1.2.20
Sun client 3.1.0.6, Solaris 2.6