ADSM-L

## Access denied when restoring NT files.

1999-03-29 18:04:55
Subject: ## Access denied when restoring NT files.
From: Estee Chen <adsmadm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:04:55 PST
Hi there,
We did a full restore to a crashed NT client, the restore seems to be
successful till users start screaming about missing files.
Later we found that not all files were being restored.

This is what is found (partly) in dsmerror.log :
.
.
hlClose(): Access denied attempting to restore NTFS Security Attributes
on object 'T:\Agency\AMIT\AMIT LIBRARY\acctng'.
hlClose(): Default NTFS Security Attributes have been set.
TransWin32RC(): Win32 RC 5 from HlClose(): setFileSecurityInformation
hlClose(): Access denied attempting to restore NTFS Security Attributes
on object 'T:\Agency\AMIT\AMIT LIBRARY\agncyapr'.
hlClose(): Default NTFS Security Attributes have been set.
TransWin32RC(): Win32 RC 5 from HlClose(): setFileSecurityInformation
 hlClose(): Access denied attempting to restore NTFS Security Attributes
on object 'T:\Agency\AMIT\AMIT LIBRARY\Benefits'.
 hlClose(): Default NTFS Security Attributes have been set.
 TransWin32RC(): Win32 RC 5 from HlClose(): CreateFile
.
.

When we tried to restore these files individually (instead of selecting
the whole drive, we selected the directories), it get restored without
complaints.
I'm totally clueless now.
Any insight?
Is there any options that we need to set for this NTFS Security stuff?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Estee Chen.