ADSM-L

NTClient Help

1999-03-29 15:40:27
Subject: NTClient Help
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:40:27 -0500
We currently use ADSM (on AIX) to backup all of our NT boxes.  We have one
box that I cannot backup successfully from a scheduled or command line
backup, only the GUI works to do a manual backup of this server.  This
particular server is our terminal server, and has a logical drive defined
via the DOS SUBST command.  This drive shows up in Explorer, ADSM client,
etc as the same label as the C drive, but with a different drive letter.
Because the label is the same, a scheduled or command line backup command
returns an ANS4003 error code, stating duplicate volume label encountered.
The backup fails immediately following the backup of the registry.  I have
tried to exclude the logical drive through include/exclude, but have had no
luck.

Anyone know a way around this?

Debbie Weeks
University of South Florida
Information Technologies/Technical Support
*********
*Debbie AT admin.usf DOT edu
*(813) 974-6926   *  S/C 574-6926
Fax(813) 974-3054