ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Backup

1999-03-26 11:55:08
Subject: Re: Exchange Backup
From: Scott Emmons <scotte AT CENTER.USCS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:55:08 -0800
Isn't this a limitation of exchange, not ADSM?

I know that when they restore individual exchange mailboxes around here
(though not from ADSM nor with the connect agent), they have to create a
shadow exchange server, restore the entire exchange DB to it, export the
individual mailboxes or folders to a file, then import that file back into
the real exchange server.

I know this doesn't help, but...

Thanks,
-Scott
    L. Scott Emmons    | CableData R&D Center - El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
Staff Software Engineer|Systems Administration, Systems Development Dept
    (916) 939-6088     |  Views and content are my own, not CableData's