ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:46:05
Fred, if you're not moving to a new server there's no reason to go through
this.

Define your new database logical volumes (and file systems, if you're going
this route) to AIX on the new RAID box.
Then, as ADSM admin, define dbvolume <volume path> to ADSM.
And then - delete dbvolume <old volume path>

This will kick off a background process to move the database data from the
old volume to the new. Do the delete for each of the old dbvolumes, until
query dbvolume only shows the RAID system.

No down time required! (Never hurts to do the DB backup to tape first,
though :-)

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Analyst,
NIBCO, Inc