ADSM-L

Re: DSM / DSMC with autof and lofs Loopback filesystem

1999-03-25 11:21:29
Subject: Re: DSM / DSMC with autof and lofs Loopback filesystem
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:21:29 -0800
What version of the client are you using?

We've found that using the VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT option works for us,
using SGI client (PTF 5 and 6). The VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT is made on
the mountpoint directory (in your case /home/xxx). We then create
a domain statement in the options file for each of the
VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT entries.

When you use this method, you end up with each home directory as
a separate filespace, which turns out to be a benefit for us as
we can easily export/import home directories from one client to
another, as machines tend to get swapped a lot in our
environment.

 -- Tom