ADSM-L

SQL Agent Database Restore with SQL 7.0 on NT SP4

1999-03-25 09:06:02
Subject: SQL Agent Database Restore with SQL 7.0 on NT SP4
From: "Norrgard, Nathan" <NNorrgard AT LIBERTY-BANK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:06:02 -0500
Hello,

Yesterday I ran into my first SQL / ADSM problem.  Maybe someone out there
can help.

The scenario is a SQL 7.0 Server running on NT4 SP4 with ADSM SQL Connect
Agent 1.1.1 reporting to an ADSM Server 3.1.2.13 on NT4 SP3.

What I tried to do is restore a FULL backup of the "FROM-DB" into the
"TO-DB", via the GUI.  (Right Clicking on the FULL backup and selecting
Restore into....)  These are about 4.1GB in size.  The "TO-DB" is empty, I
just created it to receive the "FROM-DB."

The error below is what I received.  If I had to guess, I would say this is
a SQL problem, and not so much ADSM, but I can't tell.  I was using a SQL
account for the SQL Agent that is dbo for both databases.

Any ideas?

03/24/1999 14:47:03,Restored - name: TO-DB, type: DB, size: 4087150018,
actual bytes: 0, secs: 0.00, Kb/Sec: 0.00, SQL server: (SQLSERVER), ADSM
server: dsm, SQL status: DB-LIB message: The file
'I:\FROM-DB\FROM-DB_Data.MDF' cannot be used by RESTORE. Consider using the
WITH MOVE option to identify a valid location for the file., ADSM status:
ACO3028E -- Error: SQL server errors encountered.

Thanks,

Nathan J. Norrgard
PC Systems Administrator
Liberty Bank