ADSM-L

Re: Adsm Connect Agent for MS Exchange

1999-03-24 09:30:42
Subject: Re: Adsm Connect Agent for MS Exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:30:42 -0500
Nathan,

It looks like you have found a case where this
particular scenario produces a return code that
is not reflected in the ERRORLEVEL return from
the excdsmc program.
Please contact IBM support to open a problem report
to get this "officially" reported.

Thanks,

Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

> I am trying to write a simple batch job to reliably backup the Exchange
> Database.
> It executes the excdsmc /backup command and then checks the error level
upon
> completion before deciding what to do next.
> I was under the impression that anything higher than error level 0 would
be
> considered a failure.
> Today I attempted to run the script after the store had been defragged.
The