ADSM-L

Old problem re-introduced

1999-03-24 02:20:43
Subject: Old problem re-introduced
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:20:43 +0200
Hi all,

Has anyone noticed something with the latest level of the Novell and
WinNT code? I'm sure it will also be on the other platforms as well
but have not checked yet...

The problem is with what * and *.* mean to ADSM in terms of files.
In Ver2 (Or maybe V1) of ADSM you had to specify * and *.* to backup
all your files. This was changed so that * means everything - which was
they way everyone wanted it to work. Now with the latest level - I only
noticed it now - might even have been introduced earlier, it is back
to the way it was: * means anything without an extension including
directories and *.* means everything with an extension - excluding
directories - unless you have directories called dfsf.sdfsd....

(That old habbit Dwight spoke about a while back with always
specifying * and *.* seems like a not too shabby idea...)

Has anyone noticed this?

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Bank