ADSM-L

ADSM Netware 4.11 Client hang-up

1999-03-23 12:53:56
Subject: ADSM Netware 4.11 Client hang-up
From: Daniele Samec <dsamec AT SEB DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:53:56 +0100
Hi ADSMers,
we just started testing ADSM and have problems on backup and restore  a
Netware 4.11-Client. The ADSM server is a VM with level 2.0.19. The ADSM
client is on 3.1.0.6.
The very first backup (incremental, but for the first time really a full
one) was running without problems. Then we tried a restore. The client
connected to the server and a few minutes later without any file being
restored the connection was closed down by the server (ANR0480W), the
client showed up with message ANS1809E (session lost). We have the same
situation on trying another backup (just changed one file). The Netware
client saves the server specific info, shows a message telling it is
backing up first volume and then nothing.
We can't find any definition error, we checked our definitions with
another site, where the same scenario is working!
Backup and restore from another client (Windows 95) is working fine!
So we think we are overlooking some silly mistake and are not able to
find it.
Any ideas?

Regards
Daniele Samec