ADSM-L

Re: onbar restore to another node

1999-03-23 08:35:05
Subject: Re: onbar restore to another node
From: "Agnew, Doug" <dagnew AT CHARLOTTEPIPE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:35:05 -0500
I haven't tried it to another node, YET, but it seems that you would have to
set the node name in the dsm.sys file to match the original node, set the
server name to match the original, restore the ixbar.0 file (which I back up
after EVERY log backup or database backup), then restore the database and
then change the node name and database name to whatever it is supposed to
be.

In a true disaster, this shouldn't be a problem, since ADSM is doing
anything BUT restoring your system.  But, if you're using ADSM to COPY a
database from one machine to another, you might have to be REAL CAREFUL,
since the original node is still active (maybe you stop log backups on the
original node, temporarily).

Again, I haven't tried this, so this is just intellectual exercise at this
point...

Doug Agnew
DBA
Charlotte Pipe & Foundry