ADSM-L

Define Drive

2015-10-04 17:46:04
Subject: Define Drive
From: Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM [mailto:Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi ADSM-ers!
I'm about to add a new 3575 library to my existing NSM configuration. It's
configured in AIX and also the drives are available to AIX.
I have done a DEFINE LIBRARY and that was successful, I'm now about to issue
the DEFINE DRIVE command for the 3 drives, but I'm stuck on the options.
According to the manual I should issue the command:
DEFINE DRIVE 3575LIB2 RMT3 DEVICE=/dev/rmt3 ELEMENT=elementaddress
The manual says that the element address is required when the SCSI library
support multiple drives but I don't know this element address.
Can anybody help me out on this?
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon