ADSM-L

The SCHEDMODE option?

1999-03-22 09:59:37
Subject: The SCHEDMODE option?
From: Kristina Ahlström <kristina.ahlstrom AT ROWIKA DOT SE>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:59:37 +0100
I have a problem with  options in ADSM on AIX. There's an option that
decides if the clients are to use
 polling or promted mode whith the ADSM scheduler (SCHEDMODE).

Default mode is polling, and if you set schedmode on the AIX client (in the
dsm.sys file) to promted and has the same
mode on the server the scheduler function stops working on AIX. This
function works just fine with Windows NT cilents though.
The problem I have on AIX clients is that when the server and the client
both are set to schedmode promted - the client doesn't recieve a schedule
from the ADSM server, and the adsm_sched.log tells that the ADSM server
does not support polling.
According to the ADSM documentetation both of these options should be
possible to apply on any of my platforms;
eg both NT AS/400 and AIX.

At the moment the only way to get the scheduler to work on the AIX clients
is to let them have polling schedmode.
So I had to set the options on the server to any so that the NT clients
could continue with promtede mode.

The question is : Has anyone seen this before and could give me a hint??
My qustomer's wish is that all clients should run in promted mode so
the server has full control over the ADSM clients

Thanks

Hälsningar/Regards
Kristina Ahlström
Systemteknik/Systems Engineer
Rowika AB,  F O Petersons gata 9, SE - 421 31  Västra Frölunda
Rowika AB,  F O Petersons gata 9, SE - 421 31  Västra Frölunda
mailto:kristina.ahlstrom AT rowika DOT se
Tel: +46 31  709 82 30  Fax: +46 31 709 45 45
Internet: http://www.rowika.se