ADSM-L

Re: ADSM for AFS and DFS

1999-03-19 02:51:59
Subject: Re: ADSM for AFS and DFS
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:51:59 +0100
On 18-Mar-99 S W Luan wrote:
> Being the leader of the initial ADSM development efforts for AFS/DFS, I
> feel the urge to help put things in perspective and provide some answers to
> the recent discussion thread regarding ADSM/AFS/DFS.  (Disclaimer: My
> comments here do not represent or imply the official position of IBM, SSD,
> or the ADSM team.)

  What I didn't read in al the discussions, is that nobody talks about HSM
  for DFS. We are waiting for HSM/DFS for more then 1 year now. I know
  that Boeing/USA have a working ADSM/HSM/DFS client (for AIX),
  but IBM stil doesn't have it.

  Question: when can I (we) expect an official ADSM/HSM/DFS AIX release from
  IBM?

  Cheers,
  Henk ten Have