ADSM-L

Re: Files Archived Twice - why?

1999-03-18 13:48:08
Subject: Re: Files Archived Twice - why?
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:48:08 -0800
Adam Slesinger wrote:

> If i could ask one more question: Where do I go to find out what the lables
> for the
> fields are in the accounting records?

The following is pasted from the Administrator's Guide
There are 29 fields, which are delimited by commas (,). Each record ends
with a new-line character. Each
record contains the following information:

& Field  & Contents
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 1      & Product level
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 2      & Product sublevel
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 3      & Product name, 'ADSM',
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 4      & Date of accounting (mm/dd/yyyy)
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 5      & Time of accounting (hh:mm:ss)
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 6      & Node name of ADSM client
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 7      & Client owner name (UNIX)
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 8      & Client Platform
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 9      & Authentication method used
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 10     & Communication method used for the session
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 11     & Normal server termination indicator (Normal=X'01',
&
&        & Abnormal=X'00')
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 12     & Number of archive database objects inserted during the
&
&        & session
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 13     & Amount of archived files, in kilobytes, sent by the client to
&
&        & the server
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 14     & Number of archived database objects retrieved during the
&
&        & session
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 15     & Amount of space, in kilobytes, retrieved by archived objects
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 16     & Number of backup database objects inserted during the session
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 17     & Amount of backup files, in kilobytes, sent by the client to
&
&        & the server
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 18     & Number of backup database objects retrieved during the
&
&        & session
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 19     & Amount of space, in kilobytes, retrieved by backed up objects
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 20     & Amount of data, in kilobytes, communicated between the client
&
&        & node and the server during the session
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 21     & Duration of the session, in seconds
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 22     & Amount of idle wait time during the session, in seconds
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 23     & Amount of communications wait time during the session, in
&
&        & seconds
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 24     & Amount of media wait time during the session, in seconds
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 25     & Client session type. A value of 1 or 4 indicates a general
&
&        & client session. A value of 5 indicates a client session that
&
&        & is running a schedule.
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 26     & Number of space-managed database objects inserted during the
&
&        & session
&
+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------&
& 27     & Amount of space-managed data, in kilobytes, sent by the
&
&        & client to the server
&
& 28     & Number of space-managed database objects retrieved during the
&
&        & session
&
& 29     & Amount of space, in kilobytes, retrieved by space-managed
&
&        & objects
&