ADSM-L

Re: Incrementals forever presentation

1999-03-18 05:56:13
Subject: Re: Incrementals forever presentation
From: Axel Voss <axel.voss AT BLUEWIN DOT CH>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:56:13 +0100
Peter,

One thing I use is: The traditional backup schema is most likly always cyclic.
ADSM is not, it always takes care of the changes, new files and takes care of
deleted files, too.
It provides you all the time the ability to restore a "full" backup. How to
achive ? That
are ADSM Server tasks and intelligence , which are known to you. What greatly
helps in this regard is the clever/thinking file and media catalog: the ADSM
database which is actually a relational
database.

Cheers,

    a x e l