ADSM-L

Re: Waiting for media...

1999-03-17 18:25:06
Subject: Re: Waiting for media...
From: Peter Griffin <Peter.Griffin AT ZURICH.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:25:06 +1000
Steven,

we currently have an environment of 4 3590 drive in a 3494. We have not
ever has a problem writing directly to tape regardless of the size of the
file.

We have occasionally had the "waiting for media" problem.

Both times on receiving this error we were writing to a disk storage pool
which reached it's high threshold and attempted to migrate to tape. This
generated the waiting for media message. In our case the message remained
because a) we did not have enough scratch volumes and b) we had a microcode
update to the drives and this rendered them unusable by ADSM until they
were removed and re-added to AIX.

Peter Griffin

"Royal, Steven" <SROYAL AT INTEGON DOT COM> on 18/03/99 08:09:13