ADSM-L

Re: Files Archived Twice - why?

1999-03-17 16:46:25
Subject: Re: Files Archived Twice - why?
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:46:25 -0600
     OK... were there 63 "begin" and "end" sessions ? ? ?
     what exactly were you counting to get 63 ? ? ?  (accounting record
     entries? ? ?)

     You have spotted why you want to try to keep a single adsm volume on a
     single physical device !  (no really, good deal)  ADSM ends up
     treating all its "defined volumes" kind'a like a RAID array.  Inbound
     data is spread out across the disks... Ever wondered why a MOVE DATA
     against a 4 GB disk volume ends up moving 20 GB to tape ? ? ?

     Also note... if you look at the accounting records for an archive
     session that pushes only a single file, you will see 2 archive
     objects. One is the file itself and the other is the directory
     information (for the directory where the file resides...)

     later,
           Dwight