ADSM-L

File Recovery Problem

1999-03-17 10:20:09
Subject: File Recovery Problem
From: Jeffrey Fulmer <jfulmer AT WHITEOAKNET DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:20:09 -0500
Hi --

A file was created on 3-8-99.  It was modified on 3-10-99 and again on
3-12-99.  Backups occur nightly at 22:00.  Inventory expiration runs on
Sundays.  On Monday 3-15-99 the file was modified and damaged before the
daily backup.  I tried to recovery the file with a 3-13-99 point in time
reference and I can't locate the file on tape.  I performed a find with
a "backed up before 3-15-99" parameter and I cannot locate the file.
There are no errors logged on this file.  My backups have been running
flawlessly.  Every other file in the directory is on the tape.  The
problem is that only the file that was damaged, the file that I need to
recover, does not appear on tape until AFTER if was damaged.

Can anyone offer any insight on this?

Jeff