ADSM-L

Re: Server to server virtual volumes on disk.

1999-03-17 09:22:36
Subject: Re: Server to server virtual volumes on disk.
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 08:22:36 -0600
     Ahhhh good one !

     Double check the Est.Cap. of the srv2srv volume
     adsm> q dev RMTSRV f=d

                  Device Class Name: RMTSRV
             Device Access Strategy: Sequential
                 Storage Pool Count: 0
                        Device Type: SERVER
                             Format:
              Est/Max Capacity (MB): 500.0
                        Mount Limit: 1
                   Mount Wait (min):
              Mount Retention (min): 0
                       Label Prefix: ADSM
                            Library:
                          Directory:
                        Server Name: DSMSRV05
                       Retry Period: 10
                     Retry Interval: 30
     Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN01
              Last Update Date/Time: 03/17/1999 08:04:12

     On the servers that I've cranked the est/max cap up on to limit the
     number of virtual volumes to track (ie I made the MAXCAP=1024G) now
     those all go straight past the front end disk and off to tape BUT the
     example above put the "backup db t=f dev=RMTSRV" into the diskpool for
     the default management class archive copy group and didn't roll over
     to the "next" tapepool !

     SOOOOO it must be based on the MAXCAP deal...

     OH BINGO BABY !   I just jacked MAXCAP to 1024G and the same backup db
     is now calling for a scratch mount in the "next" tapepool (just jumped
     over the diskpool)

     later,
           Dwight