ADSM-L

Netware Client Memory Problems

1999-03-16 17:37:48
Subject: Netware Client Memory Problems
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:37:48 -0600
     Hi:  last September we noticed that the ADSM v3 Netware client would
     grab ahold of memory for a backup and then not return it to the system
     after the backup.  I don't know if this is a "leak" or just a failure
     to return the memory due to program architecture reasons or whatever.
     We reported the problem to IBM.

     Does anyone know if this situation has changed?  We have not tested
     the level 6 client but I understand that it was not expected to
     correct the problem.  I am still carrying this as an open problem.
     Any recent news on this situation would be appreciated.  Thanks
     Eric Lewis UW-Madison