ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:46:04

Not sure what you're running into here -- I just use one copygroup/storage pool, and run to five tape drives concurrently, with no cross-mounting of tapes.

Tom Kauffman
kauffmant AT nibco DOT com

    -----Original Message-----
    From:   Glen Walker [SMTP:Glen.Walker AT TELUS DOT COM]
    Sent:   Monday, March 15, 1999 2:00 AM
    To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
    Subject:        Behaviour of direct-to-tape backup

    I've been experimenting with a direct to tape backup of a 200 GB database
    using Backint and going directly to tape storage pools. I have 4 3590 tape
    drives in a 3494 tape library.

    I set the Backint program to start 4 sessions and each session used a
    management class with a copy group whose output was to one of two storage
    pools. That is, two copygroups went to one pool two to the other. I was
    surprised to see that ADSM would start four sessions, but two of those
    sessions would be waiting for tape mounted by the other sessions.  Does this
    mean that to make use of all four tape drives simultaneously I need to have
    each copygroup go to a unique tape storage pool? (Collocation is off on the
    two pools I was using).

    Glen Walker
    Unix System Administrator
    TELUS Communications
    Glen.Walker AT telus DOT com <mailto:Glen.Walker AT telus DOT com>      (403) 441-7606