ADSM-L

Re: HELP!!! (MS SQL vs. ADSM Connect Agent fo MS SQL)

1999-03-15 07:35:42
Subject: Re: HELP!!! (MS SQL vs. ADSM Connect Agent fo MS SQL)
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 07:35:42 -0500
Michael,

This has to do with the way that you have your database
options defined for "msdb".   While you have
"truncate log on checkpoint" option in effect (default),
incremental (transaction log) backups are not
allowed.  You can either turn off the "truncate log
on checkpoint" option on the "msdb" database
to allow incremental backups or just rely on full
backups of the "msdb".

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

> Hi all
>
> I've been swearing over the ADSM Connect Agent for MS SQL most of last
> week.
> It seems to get the full backups of the SQL perfectly, but when the times
> comes for incremental or transaction-log backup the Agent
> issues the following:
 "...
> 03/11/1999 13:05:59,Backed up - msdb, type: LOG, size: 929415, actual
> bytes: 0, secs: 0.00, Kb/Sec: 0.00, SQL server: SAPDB01, ADSM server:
> c:\PROGRA~1\IBM\ADSM\agentsql\dsm, SQL status: DB-LIB message: BACKUP LOG
> is not allowed while the trunc. log on chkpt. option is enabled. Use
BACKUP