ADSM-L

Re: Failed client backup

1999-03-12 15:07:34
Subject: Re: Failed client backup
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:07:34 -0600
     Try this...

     I believe you will find you have
        "compression yes"
     and
        "compressalways yes"
     try setting
        "compressalways no"

     prior to a file being sent, adsm will pre-allocate storage space, if
     cache is on it will free cached files to obtain the space... if the
     inbound file exceeds the estimated space (ie a file that grows during
     compression) NO additional cached space will be freed to accommodate
     the file and you end up with the ANR0534W.  (as you pointed out below)

     WHY ? ? ?  to CYA if a client goes wild and to prevent dusting say a
     half terabyte of cached files due to one run away client ;-)