ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:46:03
My experience so far has been that the restore is limited by the speed and
configuration of the server. We had to restore an NT server (12 GB, P5-233
with 512MB RAM) over 100 Mb ethernet. This ran for over 26 hours, never used
more than 25% of the network, and query session on the ADSM server showed
long periods of send wait. The client data was not compressed -- it
juscouldn't keep up on the disk write side.

FWIW, I see the same thing in the AIX environment; I can shove the data off
the server and over the network far faster than the client can actually
write it.

Tom Kauffman
kauffmant AT nibco DOT com