ADSM-L

Re: Backup Client 3.1.06

1999-03-12 06:52:31
Subject: Re: Backup Client 3.1.06
From: Ahmet Ertem <aertem AT HAITEC DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:52:31 +0100
>But my question is: is it possible to perform a restore across the WEB
>using different user id's. The only way now is to use the nodename and the
>password which belongs to it.
>
>with kind regards, / met vriendelijke groeten,
>Johan Pol
>Boerhaavelaan 11 - 2713 HA - Zoetermeer - Tel. (+31)79 3223051 - Fax.
>(+31)79 3213989
>Internet :JPol AT nl.ibm DOT com / johan.pol AT xerion.be.philips DOT com

Yes, it is. In 3.1.06 you can use the new "set access" command in the form

set access backup filespec node

or

set access archive filespec node

You can differentiate between backup and archive data you are granting
access to. "filespec" is the data in question and "node" is any user on
that node you are granting access to the data. Normal wildcarding does
apply.

You can also "query access" and "delete access" at any time.

--Ahmet Ertem
HAITEC GmbH
HAITEC GmbH
aertem AT haitec DOT de