ADSM-L

Exchange Connect Agent: Full Backups Fail

1999-03-11 12:50:02
Subject: Exchange Connect Agent: Full Backups Fail
From: "Norrgard, Nathan" <NNorrgard AT LIBERTY-BANK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 12:50:02 -0500
Salutations!
I have a problem...
Whenever I perform a full backup of the IS and DIR, the job fails, but after
querying volume contents and the Exchancge Connect Agent GUI, I find that
the backups are complete and successful.  I found the text below at:
http://www.storage.ibm.com/software/adsm/adagent.htm#ExchangeNT

"Development has recently discovered an incompatibility between an ADSM V3
Server and an ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server product or try
and buy. When attempting to store multiple files whose total size exceeds 4
GB within a single transaction the server will fail the transaction. As a
temporary work around, execute the following command either from the server
console command line or from an Administrative Command Line client:
update node node_name fileag=no"

This sounds like the problem, however when I enter the command, it tells me
that 'fileag' is an unknown option.  What's up?

I am running ADSM 3.1.2.1 on NT4 SP3 with Exchange 5.0 SP2.

Thanks!

Nathan J. Norrgard
PC Systems Administrator
Liberty Bank