ADSM-L

Re: You learn something new everyday.

2015-10-04 17:46:03
Subject: Re: You learn something new everyday.
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
This was my impression also.... It has always been my understanding that
ADSM did not touch the archive bit, if it did it would probably get confused
very quickly.
I've ran ADSM concurrently with another Backup product which did utilise the
archive bit yet ADSM did not behave any differently. This would lead me to
believe that ADSM paid no attention to the archive bit. This is after all
part of the function of the ADSM database. No?

Nathan