ADSM-L

Re: keeping scheduler started on version 3 clients

1999-03-09 16:09:13
Subject: Re: keeping scheduler started on version 3 clients
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 16:09:13 -0500
At 12:44 PM 3/9/99 -0700, Campbell, Rose wrote:
>Has anybody experienced problems keeping the scheduler started in the
>version 3 client?  We have Sun and Irix clients that we cannot keep the
>scheduler going on.  If you have had this how was it remedied?  We have
>tried every conceivable way to keep this started to no avail.
>
>Thanks,
>Rose M. Campbell

Rose,
We use a script that we call dsmsched.startup, which looks like this:
--
#!/bin/sh
#!/bin/sh

INSTDIR=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin

# Start up the ADSM Scheduler.
if [ -f ${INSTDIR}/dsmc ]; then
        cd /tmp
        nohup ${INSTDIR}/dsmc schedule 2>&1 > /dev/null &
        (/bin/echo ' Starting ADSM Scheduler.') > /dev/console
else
        /bin/echo "File ${INSTDIR}/dsmc was not found."
        /bin/echo " The ADSM Scheduler could not be started."
        /bin/echo " This probably means that ADSM is not installed."
fi
--
I have noticed on two occasions recently that a scheduler has gotten hung
I have noticed on two occasions recently that a scheduler has gotten hung

..Paul