ADSM-L

ADSM Clients befind firewall

1999-03-09 14:06:58
Subject: ADSM Clients befind firewall
From: Red Hat Linux User 1 <qdu AT QDU.UIS.KENT DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:06:58 -0500
Hi, folks,

  We have ADSM V3.1.2.1 running on an AIX and some clients (win95, Linux,
 winNT and Netware) running behind a firewall. Anyone know how to let the
 client to pass the firewall and get mechine backed up or file restored?

 One solution I can see is that one can configure the firewall to direct
connect to the ports of the mechines. I dont know if there is other
solution, e.g. to configure ADSM to let the clients to initiate all
connections (like FTP can do). Apprecate any comments.

                          Qun Du