ADSM-L

Database crash on Solaris

2015-10-04 17:46:03
Subject: Database crash on Solaris
From: Richmond, Jeff
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
All,

I have been running ADSM 3.x for Solaris 2.6, with an IBM 3575 Library with
1 3570 Magstar "C" drive. Everything was working fine for a couple of
weeks,
then I made the mistake of leaving for a week. When I came back, the ADSM
server had crashed. Now when I try to start it, I get the following error:

ANR9999D        dballoc.c(1226): Sequence Number Mismatch for SMP page addr
16384; HeaderSmpNum = -1, Expected = 16.
ANR0361E        Database Initialization Failed; error initializing database
page allocator.

Anyone know what this means or how it could have happened? I am fairly new
to ADSM, and the data that is currently in the database is not all that
important since I am still in the testing phase. However, I want to prevent
this from happening again, obviously.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff Richmond - MCP, CCSA