ADSM-L

Re: SMS and Registry Errors

1999-03-08 15:09:10
Subject: Re: SMS and Registry Errors
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:09:10 -0500
Yes, we had a  problem that sounds similar, but I can't tell from your
description if it is the same.  These were our symptoms:

*       Problem occurs on Win95 only, never WinNT

*       Occurs with ADSM V2 Win32 clients, or V3 clients up through PTF 3.
(We haven't seen the error with PTF 6 yet, but I'm not sure it can't still
happen..)

*       Problem occurs when the ADSM incremental backup is actually running,
not just when the scheduler launches from the startup window.

*       The message actually says "Error writing to the registry....." and
says you should restart the machine.

*       It's a pretty scary message, however, if you just let that message
window sit there, you find that you can start and run other applications;
the ADSM backup continues OK to completion, and if you restart the machine,
there is never really any corruption.

If that matches your symptoms let me know, I have some suggestions.