ADSM-L

Re: Verifying 3590 tapes on AIX

1999-03-04 07:13:08
Subject: Re: Verifying 3590 tapes on AIX
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 07:13:08 -0500
I recently did that because several tapes were damaged when the robotics was
mis-aligned with some new tape drives and they kept jamming the tapes in.  I
did an audit vol on all local tapes that were being mounted during that
time.  There were some tapes that were totally unreadable, others that had
only a few files that were considered damaged.

I haven't done anything with the offsite tapes.  I guess I should look into
doing that.  Yuck!