ADSM-L

using the web client

1999-03-03 11:42:00
Subject: using the web client
From: "Buechler, Becky" <BUECHLERB AT SCHNEIDER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 10:42:00 -0600
Hi all,
We are trying to set up an environment where the help desk will do all the
Novell restores using the WEB client.  However we do not want the help desk
to ever be able to restore any files on the SYS: volume.  In fact, we would
like to be able to exclude them from even seeing this information.  I have
tried using a special dsm.opt file to exclude the SYS: volume but ADSM does
not seem to look at the excludes list when pulling up the restorable files.
 The only other option I feel I have is to create two nodes for all of these
servers and seperate the backups(one does the SYS volume and the other node
would back up everything else).  If possible we do not want to implement
this procedure.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how we
could get around this problem?
.
Thanks.
Becky Buechler