ADSM-L

Re: ADSM SQL Agent scheduler logon

1999-03-03 05:57:35
Subject: Re: ADSM SQL Agent scheduler logon
From: Leo Humar <lhumar AT VIC.BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:57:35 +1100
I Andreas,

Do you want to run both the baclient and the agent ?
I have installed it on NT4.0 and it works well.
I have followed the SQL and Exchange manuals cp7xch00.htm and cp7sql00.htm
to install my schedule services.
You need the baclient and the agent in differrent directories and install
the schedule with the correct directory paths.
Read the dsmcutil.txt in the baclient directory regarding the scheduler
install.
I would recommend a separate domain for your SQL agents.
The versioning doesn't work for SQL agent  files as it does for the standard
baclient files and you will need to delete the unwanted backup copies from
the agent or use perl scripts to do it for you.

Leo Humar
LCS Pty Ltd
lhumar AT vic.bigpond.net DOT au