ADSM-L

Client for HP-UX 10.10

1999-03-02 15:53:39
Subject: Client for HP-UX 10.10
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:53:39 -0500
The IBM Web pages for ADSM include downloadable client software. I downloaded
the Version 3 client list for 'HP-UX 10' on the Web page. I have installed it
successfully on several HP-UX 10.20 systems. I just tried to install it on an
HP-UX 10.10 system for the first time. The installation failed with the
following message:

ERROR:   Could not apply the software selection "IBMADSM" because there
         are no product variations that are compatible with the
         destination host(s).  To select incompatible software, specify
         the "-x allow_incompatible=true" option on the command line.

Should I specify the 'allow_incompatible' option? Do I need a different
version of the client, even though the Web page said 'HP-UX 10', not 'HP-UX
10.20'?