ADSM-L

Re: Formatting disk for adsm storage pool (Some more info)

1999-03-02 01:31:52
Subject: Re: Formatting disk for adsm storage pool (Some more info)
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 23:31:52 -0700
# grep 27 /usr/include/sys/errno.h
/* @(#)49       1.27.1.10  src/bos/kernel/sys/errno.h, incstd, bos411, 9438C411c
 9/23/94 19:32:38 */
 * ORIGINS: 27,71
#define EFBIG   27      /* File too large   */

Check out /etc/security/limits; you will find that the maximum file size in set
somthing less than 10 GB.  Probably 1 GB, which is the default.  Set it to -1
for
the root user to make it unlimited.  You should be able to log out and log back
in
for this to take effect.

Cheers...
Bruce

Kunal Chakravorty wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I want to create an adsm disk storage pool of 80 Gbyte in size. To create this
> diskpool I need to format the disk by using command "dsmfmt". I tried to
> format
> 10 Gbyte of disk space at a time by using the above command. However, while I
> am trying to do that am getting an error message, it says that "error in
> formatting disk, Error no. = 27".
>
> Could you please let me know,
> 1. Is there any limitation in formatting disk by using command "dsmfmt"?
> 2. What will be the best way/procedure in formatting disks for adsm?
>
> We are running AIX 4.2.1
> ADSM version: 3.0
>
> Regards
>
> Kunal

> Kunal Chakravorty
> PGS Data Management
> Perth, Australia
> Ph. No. : 61 8 93209082
> Fax No. : 61 8 93209090
> E-mail : kunalc AT prth.geobank.pgs DOT com

Bruce Elrick, Ph.D.
Bruce Elrick, Ph.D.
mailto:belrick AT home DOT com
http://members.home.net/belrick/